This online training is streaming live on the 6th November 2021.
The digital recording will be released to all participants on the 8th November. The recording and associated resources will then be accessible through your Essential Therapy Training account for 365 days.
This course provides an overview over traditional and contemporary shamanic wisdom traditions and outlines the psycho-spiritual personal and transpersonal teachings these traditions offer and teach some practical shamanic tools, adjusted to contemporary therapy, and how to integrate them into your therapeutic practice.
- Present the shamanic view of the world and life as an interconnected, multi-layered energetic web and explore the definition of the human being within this web.
- Discuss the shamanic concept of ‘health’ defined as ‘wholeness’, and its implications for the traditional shaman’s psychospiritual healing approaches.
- Outline specific shamanic approaches and tools that can be applied within the field of contemporary therapy.
- Teach and practice tools, adjusted to a contemporary therapeutic setting and the psyche of the modern client, that can be incorporated into your work with clients such as transpersonal helping forces and shamanic journeying.
The course is mainly based on two of the presenter’s published works:
Mackinnon, C. (2012) Shamanism and Spirituality in Therapeutic Practice, Jessica Kingsley Publishers, London & Philadelphia
Mackinnon, C. (2016) Awaken and Develop the Shamanic Force Within, Hay House Publ. London & Carlsbad
About the Speaker
Christa Mackinnon is a Social Psychologist (MSc), family counsellor, clinical hypnotherapist, shamanic teacher, and author. She worked for over 25 years internationally as a psychologist, therapist, trainer and lecturer, specialising in complex trauma. In her capacity as a trauma specialist, she lectured at the Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, and provided training for counsellors, social workers, police, and probation services.
Her fascination with the capacities of the human mind when in altered states of perception and with the idea of consciousness led her to explore various spiritual teachings around the world. She apprenticed and was initiated by traditional shamans such as the indigenous Quecha shaman Don Esteban Tamayo from Ecuador, Ipupiara Peixoto from Brazil and Don Oscar Miro-Quesada from Peru and also trained with contemporary shamanic teachers in the USA, including Sandra Ingerman and John Perkins.
Christa founded ‘Bridging the Worlds’, where she provides CPD for therapeutic professionals and ‘Women Weaving Change’ a training school for modern Medicine Women. In both she combines her knowledge of the contemporary psychological and therapeutic with ancient shamanic teachings, a subject she speaks, writes, trains and lectures widely about.
Christa is the author of three books and countless articles on the subject:
- ‘Shamanism and Spirituality in Therapeutic Practice’ (Jessica Kingsley Publishers, London & Philadelphia 2012).
- ‘Shamanism: Awaken and Develop the Shamanic Force Within’ (Hay House, London & Carlsbad 2016)
- Shamanism: Spiritual Growth, Healing and Consciousness (Flametree Publishing, 2020)
CPD & CE credits available: 6
How do I receive these credits?
The participant must pass the multiple-choice test with a minimum score of 80%. There is a maximum of three attempts to achieve this.
The post-test is included in the price of the training.
Does my regulatory body accept the credits?
The CPD & CE credits awarded can be used towards your declaration to any governing regulatory body in your state or country, provided the content is relevant to your discipline.
Our trainings are accredited by:
– The CPD Group, London
– Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
– Australian Counselling Association