This online training is streaming live on the 14th August 2021.
The digital recording will be released to all participants on the 16th August. The recording and associated resources will then be accessible through your Essential Therapy Training account for 365 days.
Are you asking your clients about nutrition? Do you understand that food matters to your client’s mental health but you are not exactly sure how to implement that understanding into practice? Have you wondered how to explain to your client how what they eat affects their mood, their energy, their behavior, and their sleep?
Food is fuel. Our brains and bodies must have it but unfortunately, most people do not make the connection between their diet and their ability to focus, manage behavior, improve irritability, brain fog, and mood.
Food may be a piece of the puzzle that has been missing in your practice.
In this training, you will explore how nutrition impacts the brain, the gut, and ultimately behavior. Learn simple steps to uncover nutritional deficiencies, evaluate the impact of medication, and how to implement lifestyle changes for the most powerful ways to leverage time with clients to improve clinical outcomes.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe how integrative interventions can improve treatment outcomes in depression, anxiety, Bi-polar disorder and ADHD
- Identify the nutrients shown to improve brain function for your clients
- Describe how the gut-brain-microbiome axis affects behavior and mental health
- Identify foods that fire up inflammation and foods that cool it down
- Articulate how lifestyle choices can impact the brain
- Apply tips on educating your clients on improving: sleep, exercise, nutrition, stress, and exposure to toxins
- Identify foods and supplements that may boost the manufacturing of neurotransmitters and improve brain health
- Differentiate between mental illness versus nutritional and hormonal imbalances.
- Recognize nutritional deficiencies caused by common medications
- List supplements that support brain health
- Apply assessment tools to evaluate your client and use a five-step process to empower your client and improve healing
- Determine when to make an appropriate clinical referral and discover the importance of a multi-disciplinary team
About the Speaker
Vicki Steine, DSc, LCSW, has been a social worker for over 20 years, working in both inpatient and outpatient settings. She works with children and adults with ADHD, anxiety, depression, OCD, and Tourettes’ syndrome and also specializes in working with clients suffering from addiction and trauma. She is in private practice in the Atlanta area.
Dr. Steine received her Master’s in Social Work from the University of Georgia and her Doctorate of Science in Holistic Nutrition from Hawthorn University. She is Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition through the National Association of Nutrition Professionals, a Nutrition Certified Practitioner through the Integrated and Functional Nutrition Academy and is a member of the National Association of Social Workers.
Dr. Steine enjoys combining her skills as a social worker and nutrition educator to help her clients who struggle with staying organized, keeping focused at work or school, and overcoming the anxiety and depression that often prevents them from fully living their lives. She integrates nutrition, mind-body exercises, and traditional psychotherapy methods, like Cognitive Behavior Therapy, to help her clients get on with living their lives optimally.
She has spoken at many conferences and delivered workshops providing education to professionals and lay people alike on the benefits of nutrition and improving mental health. Dr. Steine has had personal success using a holistic approach, including nutrition and supplements, to recover from a near death boating accident and debilitating depression.
CPD & CE credits available: 6
How do I receive these credits?
The participant must pass the multiple-choice test with a minimum score of 80%. There is a maximum of three attempts to achieve this.
The post-test is included in the price of the training.
Does my regulatory body accept the credits?
The CPD & CE credits awarded can be used towards your declaration to any governing regulatory body in your state or country, provided the content is relevant to your discipline.
Our trainings are accredited by:
– The CPD Group, London
– Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
– Australian Counselling Association