This online training is streaming live on the 26th September 2021.
The digital recording will be released to all participants on the 28th September. The recording and associated resources will then be accessible through your Essential Therapy Training account for 365 days.
The pandemic caused a global mental health and financial crisis. The plummeting economy and surging unemployment has triggered negative emotions, obsessive thoughts, and suicidal ideation. 23% of adults and 36% of millennials experience financial stress at levels that qualify as a diagnosis of PTSD.
In this dynamic, engaging and interactive program, you will learn twelve mindsets identified by counselor and entrepreneur, Joyce Marter, which are empirically supported to promote both mental and financial health and resilience. This program will equip you with evidence-based exercises and innovative self-assessment tools to help you and your clients achieve holistic success that includes mental wellbeing, compassionate relationships, work/life balance, and greater financial prosperity.
The following are the twelve mindsets that promote mental and financial health, along with their related learning objectives:
1) Abundance: Learn tools from CBT to help clients explore their psychology of money, embrace their worth, and shift their perspective from scarcity to abundance.
2) Awareness: Identify concepts from Family Systems Theory and psychodynamic psychotherapy to help clients remove the blinders of defenses and denial and become aware of self-sabotaging roles and relational patterns.
3) Responsibility: Recognize skills from 12-step programs and narrative therapy to help clients free themselves of resentment and anger, empower themselves, and take fiscal responsibility.
4) Presence: Learn strategies to help clients apply mindfulness to their financial life to make the best decisions from a place of peace, groundedness, and clarity.
5) Essence: Receive innovative tools to help clients recognize how their ego is hindering their contentment and prosperity and help them cultivate healthy self-esteem.
6) Self-Love: Identify tools from CBT and mindfulness to help clients silence their Inner Saboteur and become their own good parent, positive coach, and compassionate advocate.
7) Vision: Understand how strategies from sports psychology and career counseling can help clients create a plan and envision personal and professional success with work-life balance.
8) Support: Identify the barriers that prevent your clients from receiving support and receive innovative tools to help them assess, nurture and access their support network.
9) Compassion: Appreciate how empathy, emotional intelligence, and kindness can improve your clients’ success and wellbeing at home and work.
10) Detachment: Understand how approaches from EMDR and mindfulness can help clients manage fear and uncertainty cultivate healthy detachment from negativity.
11) Positivity: Identify methods from CBT and Adlerian psychology to help clients expand their comfort zone and negotiate assertively.
12) Resilience: Realize how all the previous mindsets and adopting a growth mindset will cultivate mental and financial resilience in your clients.
About the Speaker
Joyce Marter, LCPC: Psychotherapist, Entrepreneur, Mental Health Thought Leader, National Speaker & Author
Joyce Marter has been a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor since 1998 and is an expert in self-esteem, mindfulness and career development. Joyce is the Founder of Urban Balance, a counseling practice she started and grew to over 100 clinicians working from ten locations in three states during her 13-year tenure as CEO. She successfully sold Urban Balance to Refresh Mental Health in 2017 and serves as Chief Brand Ambassador for this national leader in outpatient mental health. Joyce maintains a limited practice and is Adjunct Faculty at The Family Institute at Northwestern University where she has served as a Clinical Supervisor since 2005.
With a passion for advocating for the profession, Joyce has served as the Chair of the Midwest Region of the American Counseling Association, as President of the Illinois Counseling Association, and two-terms as President of the Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association. She is the recipient of several awards including “Distinguished Alumni of the Year” from The Family Institute at Northwestern University (2008), “40 Under 40” from Crain’s Chicago Business (2010), the “President’s Award for Excellence in Leadership” from The Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association (2017), and the Robert J. Nejedlo Distinguished Leadership Award from the Illinois Counseling Association (2020).
Marter is member of the National Speakers Association and is a national keynote speaker, trainer, and continuing education facilitator. She is a blogger for PsychCentral, Spirituality & Health, and The Huffington Post, has been quoted in more than ten books. Marter is routinely consulted as a counseling expert in the media, featured in such outlets as The Wall Street Journal, U.S. News & World Report, CNN, Real Simple Magazine and MTV. Her book, The Financial Mindset Fix: A Mental Fitness Program for an Abundant Life will be published by Sounds True in July of 2021.
Here is a link to pre-order the book: https://www.joyce-marter.com/book/the-financial-mindset-fix/.
CPD & CE credits available: 6
How do I receive these credits?
The participant must pass the multiple-choice test with a minimum score of 80%. There is a maximum of three attempts to achieve this.
The post-test is included in the price of the training.
Does my regulatory body accept the credits?
The CPD & CE credits awarded can be used towards your declaration to any governing regulatory body in your state or country, provided the content is relevant to your discipline.
Our trainings are accredited by:
– The CPD Group, London
– Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
– Australian Counselling Association