Discover Essential Therapy Training’s new pre-recorded, bitesize module series on trauma and attachment! Each module is 60 minutes long and includes clinical videos to help you gain effective skills.
Early attachment experiences affect the wiring and biochemistry of the brain, create core beliefs and narratives, and form the template for future relationships. Early developmental trauma (i.e., disrupted and compromised attachment) often causes depression, anxiety, shame, emotional dysregulation, somatic symptoms, and antisocial behavior.
In this webinar series, trauma and attachment expert, Terry M. Levy, Ph.D., teaches you the concepts and skills necessary to facilitate positive change with clients who are experiencing trauma and attachment wounds. Via PowerPoint presentation and clinical videos, you will learn effective therapeutic techniques to help children, adults, couples and families achieve trauma resolution and develop secure attachment in their relationships.
Clinical videos will illustrate how experiential interventions promote change and healing regarding the following issues:
- Negative core beliefs, narratives and mindsets.
- Avoidant and anxious attachment patterns in children and adults.
- Trauma-related emotions, behaviors, cognitions and neurobiology (e.g., PTSD, dissociation and other survival coping strategies).
- Emotional and behavioral dysregulation (anger, impulse control, self-harm, aggression).
- Communication, problem-solving and conflict-management.
- Dysfunctional and harmful family dynamics (e.g., abuse, neglect, rejection, betrayal).
- Facilitating motivation and cooperation with defensive, controlling and resistant clients.